Friday, May 29, 2009

Au Natural!

So, as a lot of you know, I've been through a lot of very painful times with my lady parts ranging from small but painful cysts to the death of one and reincarnation of another of my ovaries. I have done some research and have figured out that both times I had a tortioned ovary the pain that I experienced was as severe (if not worse) than the strongest contraction would be...I had to go through this for about 8 hours (pain medication free) when I was 8! Based on all of this I have made the brave decision to try to deliver this baby Naturally!

I have only mentioned this to a few people, most of whom have been unsupportive and/or negative about my decision...forget them! I couldn't imagine making fun of someone elses decision to attempt a natural childbirth or squish my face and roll my eyes at someone when they told me their birthing plan was to go drug free.

Bottom line is that Tim and I both think it would be a great sense of accomplishment if I can do it so why not try?! If I can't, I can't but I am at least I can say I tried, right?!

For those of you who have given me a positive reaction, Thanks for your support! For those of you who are hearing this for the first time, I look forward to your continued support!

Love,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Right on, Sharon! I always fantasize that I'll go natural, but I'm pretty sure I'm too much of a pansy. However, people have been being born for thousands of years without painkillers, so I'm confident that you, and I, and most any other woman, could do it if they wanted. Go for it! Ginga tried not to use painkillers while having mom in Cuba and ended up holding her breath the whole time to avoid it being forced on her. You should talk to her about that story. It's crazy.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Kathy! Hopefully Ginga reads this blog/comment and shares her story...I'd love to hear it!!

    ReplyDelete