Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The baby has officially gone from Embryo to Fetus this week...Congrats Baby!!

On another note I'd like to note a disclaimer to my blog:
Please do not be alarmed at my mentioning of how much crappy food I am eating...crappy food is not all I am eating! I just find it amazing that I am craving stuff that is so gross and bad for me and feel the need to document this on my blog. I have always eaten healthy and the new addition of fast food, dessert and doughnuts is overwhelming and confusing to me. Please rest assured that I am still getting my daily intake of healthy stuff like fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and milk but if I want to have a cheesesteak for breakfast and Tiramisu for dinner, I will :)

How far along?
After the most recent ultrasound (which we are using as the Official one) I am 9 weeks 2 days pregnant today
Total weight gain/loss: 1 pound, which is right on track, thank you very much.
Maternity clothes? I received some pants as hand me downs and wore them a few times last week...they were comfy but a little too big to be wearing already. Some of my work pants are still tight thanks to something known as "The Bloat"
Sleep: I need new pillows...all of ours suck!
Best moment this week: Seeing the heartbeat and getting an official due date of December 27, 2009
Movement: Just my growling stomach...when's lunch??
Food cravings: Not craving too much this week but I can tell you that I am NOT craving chicken, pork, steak or any other type of meat! I had cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast this morning...yum! I have definitely been missing out!!
Labor Signs: This question is stupid...
Belly Button in or out? ...so is this one
What I miss: Energy...gonna try to get to the gym a few days this week!
What I am looking forward to: Hearing a heartbeat...apparently they sell monitors for about $100 that allow you (and anyone else who you care to share with) to hear the heartbeat with a pretty good degree of accuracy...I may be purchasing one of these in the near future.
Weekly Wisdom: From a very very smart woman "although much about a pregnancy is personal to the mother (& some includes the father, too), for some reason, many people, even many you don't know, feel like your body & your decisions become public property....... most any woman who has ever been pregnant or raised children will feel like they know more about it than you do & want to tell you their version of the best way....."
Milestones: Bought a nursing bra this weekend...so comfy!

1 comment: